How To Consign
At DejaVu, let us do the work so you make the money. Our goal is to be transparent in our business practices and to make the consignment process easy for you. We encourage you to read through our website and stop in to get an idea of what sells best for you, our consignors...our partners.
- All Sizes of Women's, Men's and Children's Clothing and Accessories
- Trendy & Current Styles in Season
- Name brand and designer labels (we are unable to accept Walmart brands)
- Purchased New at a Retail Store Within the Last 2-3 Years
- Local School Items with Logos (no other specific organizations)
- Items with Graphics are Accepted (no profanity, skulls, oddities, alcohol)
- Authentic Items Only (it is illegal to sell fakes/knock-offs)
How It Works:
- Items are brought into the store for us to determine if we believe we can sell them
- Items accepted for consignment stay on the sales floor for 60 days from the date they are placed into our inventory system
- If your item does not sell within the 60-day consignment period, you may come back and pick them up per our pick-up policy.
- Pickup Policy: it is your responsibility to come to the store before your 60 day period and find your items on the sales floor. We will provide you with a list of unsold items.
- Items not picked up will become the property of Deja Vu Consignments and will be disposed of at our discretion
- Items picked up before the 45th day of the consignment period will be charged a $5/per item for an early pull fee
- You will receive 40% of the final selling price (less any taxes and fees)
- All items are subject to sales at the discretion of the store
- Holiday items will expire at the end of the holiday season and may not receive the full 60 day consignment period based on the date the item is received
- Once an item sells, your earnings go directly into your store account. Profits are paid out in cash, check or in-store credit for purchases.
- As a consignor, you have access to our free Consignor Login where you can check your account balance.
- It is the consignor's responsibility to request payouts. All accounts without activity are subject to a $5/year maintenance fee.
What we look for:
- All items should be neat, clean, pressed and ready to go onto the sales floor.
- Before you bring your items in, check for:
- rips/holes (except those created by the designer)
- yellowing in the armpit and neck area
- deodorant marks
- pet hair
- odors (smoke, food, perfume, etc)
- all buttons, zippers, fasteners attached and in working order
- shoes should be clean and without scuffs, toe marks, cracked material or any other defect
- purses should be free of marks/stains on the inside and out as well as checked for money, wrappers or any other things left behind
- garage sale stickers (if present, a $5 fee will be deducted from your consignor account)
How to bring items in:
- By Appointment
- Mondays (9a-5p), Tuesdays (9a-3p), Wednesday (9a-3p) and Thursdays (9a-3p)
- Schedule Online
- Call 641-628-3535
- We accept one 18-gallon tote per day per appointment (if you have more than one tote, please make a separate appointment for each tote - example: 3 totes = 3 appointments)
- Items should be folded nicely to avoid wrinkles
- If you are mixing shoes with clothing items, please place the shoes in the bottom of the tote with something separating them so the other items you are bringing in stay clean
- Costume jewelry should be placed in individual ziplock bags so the items do not get tangled and are easier for us to sort through. We only accept items of a higher quality brand which are identifiable.
- Some brands do not sell well for us or hold their resale value so we may not accept items.
- We take into account previous sales patterns and brand history.
- Our goal is to sell your items at the best prices and in the shortest amount of time to make room for new merchandise arriving.
- We price according to current resale market value, not the retail market. Please discuss any pricing concerns or questions at the time of your appointment
- For more details and information, please refer to the Consignment Agreement.